1. These terms and conditions form the entire agreement between the Dealer and the Customer. Any other terms or conditions are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law. This does not affect a consumer’s statutory rights.
2. Any order and any allowance in respect of a motor vehicle offered in part exchange by the Customer is subject to written acceptance by the Dealer.
3. The Customer must take and pay for the goods within 7 days of being notified that they are available. If the Customer fails to do so then the Dealer will be entitled to keep the deposit, and recover damages for all resulting loss (including loss of profit), costs (including labour and materials at usual retail rate), charges and expenses.
4. The Dealer will retain ownership of the goods until they have been paid for. Responsibility for looking after the goods becomes the customer’s responsibility on delivery or payment, whichever is the sooner.
5. Any estimated date quoted for delivery of the goods is only approximate. The Dealer shall not be liable for delay or failure in delivery of the goods which is beyond its control.
6. If the Dealer fails to deliver the goods within 28 days of the estimated date of delivery stated in this contract the Customer may by notice in writing to the Dealer, require delivery of the goods within 7 days of receipt of such notice. If the goods are not delivered to the Customer within the 7 days the contract shall be cancelled. If the contract is cancelled any deposit paid shall be returned and the Dealer shall be under no further liability.
7. Any agreement for the Dealer to purchase a vehicle or other goods in part exchange is subject to the following; a. The part exchange goods must be the sole property of the Customer, and the Customer must be entitled to sell them. b. The part exchange goods must be delivered in the same condition and with the same features, as when they were examined by the Dealer.
8. If these conditions are not met, the Dealer will not accept the Customers used motor vehicle and the Customer will pay the full price for the vehicle ordered.
9. If delivery of the goods is delayed through no fault of the Dealer they will deduct an amount for depreciation of the part exchange goods. This amount will not exceed 3.5% of the agreed value of the part exchange goods for each complete 30 day period.
10. If the goods to be supplied by the seller are new the following provisions shall have effect: a. The goods supplied will comply with the description or model designation assigned by the manufacturer. The Dealer cannot be held liable for changes to the detailed specification made by the manufacturer. b. If after the date of this order and before the delivery of the goods to the purchaser the recommended price for the goods increases, the Customer will be notified of the amount of the increase the Dealer intends to pass on to the Customer. The customer can cancel the contract within 14 days of receipt by him of such notice, failing which such increase shall be added to the contract price for the goods.
1. These terms and conditions form the entire agreement between the Dealer and the Customer. Any other terms or conditions are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law. This does not affect a consumer’s statutory rights. If any part of this Agreement is held unlawful or unenforceable that part shall be struck out without it affecting the remainder of the Agreement.
2. No one other than the parties and their permitted assignees, if any, shall be entitled to benefit from the Agreement pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
5. No claim for any damages in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of goods will be entertained unless a notice in writing is given to the dealer within five days of receipt of the goods.
6. Any estimated date quoted for delivery of the goods is only approximate. The Dealer shall not be liable for delay or failure in delivery of the goods which is beyond its control.
7. If the Dealer fails to deliver the goods within 28 days of the estimated date of delivery stated in this contract the Customer may by notice in writing to the Dealer, require delivery of the goods within 7 days of receipt of such notice. If the goods are not delivered to the Customer within the 7 days the contract shall be cancelled. If the contract is cancelled any deposit paid shall be returned and the Dealer shall be under no further liability.
8. The goods supplied will comply with the description or model designation assigned by the manufacturer. The Dealer cannot be held liable for changes to the detailed specification made by the manufacturer.
9. Unless otherwise affected by the terms of the Consumer Credit Act, any part payments paid to the Company for the purchase of parts or upgrades/conversions are not refundable unless an agreement is made in writing at the time of placing the order.
10. The dealer shall be under no obligation to give credit for goods correctly supplied and or specifically ordered by the customer. The dealer reserves the right to levy a 15% handling charge on any goods returned for credit. No credit will be given in respect of delivery, postage or transit charges.
11. It is in the Customer’s own interest that all items of value and personal effects are removed from the vehicle before it is handed over to the Company for work to be carried out. If the Customer fails to do so, the Company cannot accept responsibility for any loss.
12. Repair charges are based on the labour and material costs involved in the work carried out. Except for parts that are returned under a manufacturer’s exchange or warranty scheme, all parts replaced will be disposed of unless the Customer asks for their return before work begins.
13. All charges for servicing, repairs, upgrades/conversions and the supply of parts and accessories are payable on completion of the work and prior to the collection of the car. Payment can be by debit or credit card except American Express or Diners Club, or by cheque or cash. Cheques will only be accepted to the limit of the issuer’s bank card. The Customer will be notified when the car is available for collection. If the car is not collected, storage charges will accrue after five working days unless otherwise agreed. The Company reserves the right to dispose of the goods in accordance with the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977.
14. All estimates and quotations from the Company are valid for a period of four weeks from the date of issue.
15. Customers are advised that any upgrade or conversion applied to a car may change its original characteristics and may result in increased fuel consumption, firmer ride or higher levels of sound etc. All performance increases are not absolute but depend on the vehicle to which the conversion is fitted. Please note upgrades or conversions may breach the manufacturers’ warranties. A signed order form and part payment may be required for performance upgrades and conversion work. Customers are advised to inform their insurance companies of any changes.
16. The vehicle will accrue storage charges after ten working days unless otherwise agreed.
17. All vehicles being delivered to the Company for routine service work need to be supplied with locking wheel nut keys, alarm keys, radio fascia etc and all relevant documents ie service books and current MOT certificate. Vehicles being supplied for service/repairs etc must be supplied with adequate reserves of fuel otherwise the vehicle will be refuelled and the Customer charged accordingly.
© 2019 Richmond Motor Group - Legal & Cookie Notice - Data Protection & Privacy - Site map - Automotive web design by Bluesky Interactive Ltd
REGISTERED ADDRESS: THE FRENCH QUARTER, 114 HIGH STREET, SOUTHAMPTON, HAMPSHIRE, SO14 2AA. REGISTERED IN: ENGLAND AND WALES REG COMPANY NUMBERS: 02971884, 03820911 AND 08425506. VAT REG NUMBERS: 619940318, 750105769 AND 176958348.
RICHMOND CARS LIMITED, RICHMOND CARS (SOUTHAMPTON) LIMITED AND RICHMOND CARS (GUILDFORD) LIMITED ARE CREDIT BROKERS, NOT LENDERS, AND WE WILL INTRODUCE YOU TO ONE OF OUR PANEL OF LENDERS TO PROVIDE THE FINANCE FOR YOU. WE ACT AS NON-INDEPENDENT CREDIT INTERMEDIARIES FOR A SELECTED NUMBER OF LENDERS TO SUIT A WIDE RANGE OF FINANCIAL OFFERS TO SUIT THE INDIVIDUAL’S REQUIREMENTS. WE ARE AUTHORISED AND REGULATED BY THE FINANCIAL CONDUCT AUTHORITY. FINANCE SUBJECT TO STATUS. TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY. APPLICANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OVER. A GUARANTEE/INDEMNITY MAY BE REQUIRED.
RICHMOND CARS LIMITED, RICHMOND CARS (SOUTHAMPTON) LIMITED AND RICHMOND CARS (GUILDFORD) LIMITED ARE APPOINTED REPRESENTATIVES OF AUTOPROTECT MBI LIMITED FOR INSURANCE MEDIATION PURPOSES. THEIR FIRM REFERENCE NUMBER FOR GENERAL INSURANCE IS 312143 AND OUR FIRM REFERENCE NUMBERS FOR CONSUMER CREDIT ARE 673585, 687484 AND 683805. YOU CAN CHECK THIS ON THE FCA’S WEBSITE WWW.FCA.ORG.UK OR BY CONTACTING THE FCA ON 0300 500 8082.